- 1 ripe banana
- 1,5 dl sugar (brown if available)
- 2,5 dl flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- (1 teaspoon vanilla essence or vanilla sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 0,5 dl plant milk (I use rice and/or soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 75 g melted vegan butter
(or neutral oil like sunflower oil – if so, add a bit of salt)
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Whisk banana and sugar together.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a measuring cup before adding them to the bowl.
- Add milk and melted butter (or oil).
- Whisk it all together.
- Poor into muffin liners (12 if small) or a small cake pan.
- Bake them in the middle of the oven. How long? At what temperature? I’ve been using different ovens, both electric and gas, old and new, and I do what fits best for that specific oven… Use a wooden toothpick or the end of a match to check if the muffins or cake is done.
Last time I made it as a cake, and I added some sparkling water and a dash of multifruit juice. Did wonders! A couple of other times I’ve added chocolate chips and blueberries. Another time I added a mashed kiwi. Also yummy!
You could experiment as well, and see this recipe as mainly a guidance.
Bonne chance & bon appétit !